Wednesday, August 8, 2012
thank you :)
Exams at the end of the week but just felt the urge to put thoughts into words right now. Ever since last month, I've been feeling increasingly comfortable being in my own skin. I wake up everyday now feeling good about myself, and I find myself being happy because there's so much for me to be appreciative about. Words just aren't enough to express how blessed I feel to be able to have the chance to accomplish so many things in my life while having close friends and family at the same time. I couldn't have asked for a better life :')
I've also been feeling more confident in who I am now. After reading another good piece on Thought Catalog, I realised that I don't have anything to fear. Everyone's fighting their own battle but that shouldn't stop us from expressing who we really are inside and speaking our thoughts out. Too many a time have I seen the people I love suffer and hurt just cause they don't speak what's really on their mind. In the end, we'll only regret the words that were unspoken. But then, at the same time, we're not always able to say everything we want to in fear of hurting or offending others. This world is a pretty messed up one.. But I'm still going to remain true to myself from now on though. No more regrets on having not say everything I want to :3
"You deserve to live your life for the joys and not the frustrating slights that are out of your control — to be able to say that, because you held the door open for an older man with too many bags on his arms, your afternoon was good."
such huge appreciation for the little things now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment