Monday, June 4, 2012

18 and officially legal!


Got to admit that it wasn't the best birthday to date. Foreign land, with none of my close friends and family, no birthday cards and calls to look forward to, no fancy restaurant for dinner, no traditional open-present-at-the-end-of-the-night. But we've got to make do with what we have right? And so, I did.

Opened my presents at 12am with my mum and sister on skype watching my reactions. Really appreciating all that they've done for me to make me feel loved and special this year :') 






Went to town on my birthday, had Subway for lunch and got treated to a lemon sponge cake, and two cupcakes. After eating them, I'm still sticking to my no icing for cupcakes rule. Tried a few bites with the icing but ended up scraping it all out in the end :3




And the next day, the porter came to the kitchen while I was cooking to ask me to collect a parcel. And... this beautiful bouquet of love greeted me :')




Was so pleasantly surprised by this that I couldn't stop smiling for such a long time. ASDFGHJKL it's surprises like these that makes life worth living for.

roses and lavender, he knows me so well :'')


So, even though it wasn't the most memorable and happy birthday I've been used to having all these years, it's definitely been one that has made me realise that I've grown up by coming all the way here.

Big shout out of thanks and appreciation to my dad, mum, sister, brother and the dumb dumb for making me feel happy, all of you are so amazing <3

No comments:

Post a Comment