Thursday, August 16, 2012

Less judgement & hate, more love, please?


I think since I've become accustomed to the lifestyle here in UK, I've grown to have a more open mind towards things I would have so much judgement for in the past back home. After the initial shock/disapproval/fascination of finding out my friends and foundation mates do drugs, stay out the whole night to club and have multiple relationships, I guess it's already become a part of me. It's like I've accepted that this is how some people choose to live their lives, and who am I to judge them for it?

That said, I now have an even stronger clarity of the person I want to be and the person I don't want to end up turning into. Proud of the person I've become since I came here and I wouldn't give anything to take it back. I just hope that my views and change of perspective will still enable me to keep my friendships with the people back home. It's like there are two versions of me now - the person I was back then and the person I am now. Asdfghjkl, wish I had the strength to stay here but home is where my heart will always be. Missing out on the opportunity to grow to an even better person here but hopefully I'll still be able to do so back home.

Aaah.



No comments:

Post a Comment